Central Library of Geography and Environmental Protection
- physical geography (including paleogeography, geomorphology, hydrology, water management, climatology, bioclimatology, geography of soils),
- economic geography (including following aspects of geography: historical, social, political, population, urban and settlement, rural, forestry, transport and communication, services),
- spatial development,
- regional studies,
- tourism and heritage tourism,
- environment protection, protected areas,
- cartography and GIS.
Kind of publications:
- Polish and foreign scientific literature: books and monographs, conference proceedings, doctoral and post-doctoral dissertations, legislative acts in the domain of environment protection, statistical and bibliographic materials, scientific journals, atlases (national and thematic), serial maps and loose-leaf maps;
- popular science materials, inter alia, varsaviana (materials concerning Warsaw), monographies of cities, picture album publications, guides, tourist maps and educational paths;
- academic textbooks as well as auxiliary books and materials concerning didactics, including curricula.
As of 31st December 2018 the Library collections hold 308,833 items of inventory units, including:
- 147,917 volumes of printed books;
- 55,166 volumes of periodicals (224 current journal titles);
- 105,159 items of special collections (mainly maps, atlases and antique prints).
The IGiPZ PAN Digital Repository makes available 5409 objects: books, journals and maps.