Central Library of Geography
and Environmental Protection

Central Library of Geography and Environemntal Protection is a unit of Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization, Polish Academy of Sciences. The Library was established in 1953. Under present name it has been known since 1976.

Currently the Library holds above 300,000 volumes of books, serial publications, journals, maps and atlases.

The Library is a research library, and books are used only on the premises by members of the public. Anyone above primary school age may use the Library's reading rooms and collections without charge or special permission.